Sep 25, 2010

September 21st - "International Day of Peace"

Pinwheels for Peace - What an awesome idea!
Here's the "Pinwheels for Peace" website with some great videos and pictures of schools all over the world getting involved in this "International Day of Peace" event! Students loved it...even though I couldn't do this in my art class, the teachers were able to implement it into their lessons and it turned out really cool.

I found a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that I felt summarized this event and I want to share it with everyone:

"What lies behind us,
and what lies before us,
are small matters
compared to 
what lies within us."


  
Our school is under construction and we have only a small area of grass so I had to be a little more creative. At least it made the fence look a little better for a few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment